2014 WYASO Teams
- AS Group of Queensland – Brisbane – Team Fundraising Activities: Ankylosing Spondylitis Group of Queensland
BULGARIA – Sofia – The Bulgarian Spondylitis Society supports “Walk to Mars” and we will see you there!
- A.S. Busters – The Home Team for the Canadian Spondylitis Association
- Gregg’s Legs – Langley, BC – Team Captains Gregg & Sarah Lemieux are looking forward to counting our steps again this year and raising awareness! Helping people understand the disease makes you feel like your not fighting it alone.
GREAT BRITAIN TEAMS
- Orange Apple – Home Team for the National Association of Ankylosing Spondylitis (NASS)
- Ria’s Kick A.S. Walkers
- Kick AS Walkers – Delhi
- SUAS – Ankylosing Spondylitis Association of Ireland (ASAI) – Dublin, IRELAND – This is the Ankylosing Spondylitis Association of Ireland’s (ASAI) Walk Your AS Off team. SUAS is the name of our recent awareness program and stands for Supporting & Understanding AS or sometimes misread as Stand Up for AS (either of which is good) – SUAS is also a gaelic word for up.
- BlackrockAS – Dublin, IRELAND
- The Walking Spondies – International Team: Canada, Taiwan, South Africa, the UK and the US
- Bad AS Walkers in AZ – Tucson, Arizona
- Team Kardia – Scottsdale, Arizona – A team for Kardia Group staff, and friends and family of Diana, celebrating all the steps we can, do, and dare to make!
- The SAA Home Team – Official Team for the Spondylitis Association of America – Los Angeles, California
- AS Standing Tall Together – Washington State and California –
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy! – Fresno, California
- Warren’s Warriors – California
- We’ve Got Your Back! For Fighting For Ankylosing Spondylitis – Santa Monica, California
- Fitch Feet – Morgan Hill, Northern California
- Team SarcASm – Southern California & West Virginia
- Kicking Royal A.S. – San Jose, California
- Maia’s Warriors – Cooper City, Florida – Facebook – My daughter has AS. I named my team after her.
- Kicking A.S. – High Springs, Florida – Team Captain Melissa Levanduski looks forward to trying to keep myself moving by walking my A.S. off with friends and family around the United States. My sister and I each have AS. We are trying to raise awareness for AS as well as take care of each other.
- UCB Team AS – Atlanta, Georgia
- Walking Tall and Wright – Buffalo Grove, Illinois
- LOCOmotion for Lila – Wayland, Iowa
- The Blue Apples – Maine
- The Maine-iAcS – Maine
- The CL-A.S.-Y Walkers – Clarksville, Maryland
- Half The Marathon I Used To Be – Maryland – We are a team made up of several A.S Survivors, and amazing support members. We love to raise awareness and help others become a little more health conscious at the same time.
- Walk Off AS with Blue and Derek – Minnesota
- Team BELEIGHVE – Luebbering, Missouri
- Blessed Beyond The Storm – Land of 10,000 Lakes
- A Bunch of AS Kickers – New Mexico
- Spondyville Fusers – New York and Spondyville
- Kicking A.S. & Taking Names – Pearl River, New York
- Spirited Spondys – North Carolina – Ankylosing Spondylitis Awareness
- Team Rodimak – Bethlehem, New Hampshire
- Little Steps Of Hope – Swanton, Ohio
- The Bamboozles – Canfield, Ohio – Team Captain Sarah Gustwiller has suffered from AS (or BS, if you will!) since she was only 7 years old, but wasn’t diagnosed until age 19, despite having a rheumatologist for 4 years before diagnosis. Let’s get moving and have some fun.
- Stepping with SpondyMom – Oregon
- Endurance For AS – Pittsburgh, PA
- Do The Truttle – Philadelphia, PA
- Kickin’ A.S. – Wyoming, Texas
- Going The Distance – Fort Worth, Texas
- Hope Walkers – Austin, Texas
- The Vettes – Shertz, Texas
- Herpers Kickin’ A.S. – Austin, Texas – I discovered there were several ASers in the Gecko community. None of us are doing great at the moment, but we are going to kick AS with several other Herpers in the walk this year! We are so jazzed that we have this community and our animals to keep us fighting and trying.
- Ashley’s A.S. Kickers – Utah – Comment From Team Captain: Before I was diagnosed with A.S. at the end of 2013 I had never heard of this disease. I want to help raise awareness that women and children can have it too! I was finally diagnosed at 26 after seeing a team of doctors that finally listened to me. My rheumatologist informed me I have had the symptoms of it since I was 8 years old, a time when children generally weren’t diagnosed with it. I hope one day nobody as to wait 18+ years for an answer! The average of 10 years from onset to diagnosis is already too long! Thanks for helping me raise awareness.
- Kicking AS One Step At A Time – Springfrield, VA – Captain Caitlin: Excited to be joining this event for the first time to help those like myself who are battling AS. Hoping, one day, a cure can be found for this awful disease! Ready to get walkin’
- Rockin’ Weebles: Weebles Kick A.S., New York and Michigan, USA
- Team PAWS for our Cause – Worldwide
- Halls Kickin’ A.S.