Walk Your A.S. Off will be walking on World Arthritis Day!
We will be helping raise awareness of all forms of Spondylitis on October 12, 2014 by counting our steps for the day. Our steps help us reach many goals – for more information on why we walk please visit our about page.
For teams who have walked in any of the past years please let us know you are participating by emailing or sharing on our team captain facebook page. For new teams please send us an email for more information about forming a team. The next open registration for teams starts on January 1, 2015 for our 2015 virtual half and full marathons that last 4 or 8 weeks respectively.
For new participants please make sure you are signed up to receive our emails by following the “Walk With Us” button on our home page.
World Arthritis Day Event
Walk Your AS Off is a walk organization supporting those living with a form of spondylitis by promoting the very important activity of walking for our health. Our walk has been endorsed by the Ankylosing Spondylitis International Federation. Our goals and mission as well as information about how our walk works can be found HERE.
For the first year we have decided to hold a one day worldwide virtual walk event in honor of the World Arthritis Day events. Please encourage friends and family to walk with you – the more people we have walking side by side with us, the more people are exposed to what spondylitis is and awareness equals exposure to this family of diseases that are currently still under represented in research and development. Every step counts in our efforts to share our stories with the world and work towards one day finding a cure!
Steps to get ready:
1. Decide to walk with us on October 12th!
2. Let us know you’ll be joining by signing up for our email list (find the “Walk With Us” button on our home page). If you are already signed up for our emails then you will receive more information soon!
4. Ask friends and family to track their steps on October 12th either via a 2000 steps/mile or use of a pedometer. Or simply ask friends to walk a mile for you on World Arthritis Day and add them to your total to report at the end of the day. Stay tuned for contests we’ll be holding for World Arthritis Day!!!
5. Use the event to raise money for your favorite AS related charity. Consider getting pledges of “one day, one mile, one dollar” – we’ll have pledge sheets available for people interested in raising money for our partnered charities via this campaign. Fundraising is never required for participation in any of our events.
6. Support Walk Your AS Off by getting our official 2014 World Arthritis Day t-shirt! Info and link coming soon.
7. Don’t forget to share with others why you are walking by printing and handing out THIS. Or… make an informational sheet of your own.
8. Consider getting pledges of “one day, one mile, one dollar” – we’ll have pledge sheets available for people interested in raising money for our partnered charities via this campaign. Not